Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Center (PRRC)
More than eight million Americans and their families live with a serious mental illness. To them Recovery means living life to its fullest, having relationships, being part of a community, holding down a job, and/or going to school. Recovery is living a satisfying life, with or without the limitations of a psychiatric disability. Recovery is not a destination, but an ongoing journey.
• Education Groups: Learn the skills to manage your illness, cope with stress, enjoy hobbies and develop meaningful relationships with others.
• Community Integration Experiences: Overcome the barriers that prevent you from taking an active role in your community.
• Creative Arts Groups: Get involved in the arts, learn new skills, and explore community resources.
• Individual Recovery Planning: Work with a Recovery Coach to develop an Individual Recovery Plan.
• Peer Support Services: Talk with someone who has been in your shoes.
• Psychiatric Services: Work with a psychiatrist to manage your mental health symptoms.
“Before PRRC I didn’t have hope, but now I have hope my life can improve.”
“PRRC is a positive and supportive environment that encouraged me to focus on me.”
• Are you living with one of these mental health challenges?
- Schizophrenia/Schizoaffective Disorder
- Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Do you want to develop skills needed to be successful in living, working, learning, or socializing in your community?
If you answered yes, come to the weekly PRRC information group, or ask your mental health provider if PRRC is right for you. You can also contact the program directly.
Bay Pines VAHCS 10000 Bay Pines Blvd
Building 1, 3rd Floor
- 727-398-6661 Ext. 12595
- 888-820-0230 Ext. 12595
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm