Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Lodgetel Program (Temporary Lodging)
The Veteran's Health Administration (VHA) has an approved temporary lodging program designed to ease the burden for Veteran’s that reside more than 50 miles with their medical appointments. The program is designed to provide temporary, overnight lodging accommodations to eligible Veterans in a non-VA motel/hotel. A stay in the Lodgetel program is only for outpatient appointments, therefore Veterans must be capable of self-care.
LODGETEL ADMISSION CRITERIA
- Must be clinically stable and capable of self-care, or be accompanied by a caregiver.
- A Veteran must travel more than 50 or more miles from their home to the designated VA facility or VA appointment
- Must have a scheduled appointment.
- Must have an approved reservation through the CW Bill Young VAMC
- Veterans must have an early morning appointment or late afternoon appointment to qualify for lodging
REQUESTING TEMPORARY LODGING
- Veterans can contact the Lodgetel coordinator with lodging requests or contact their VA clinic provider or VA clinic staff for completion of a lodging consult request
- All consult requests are reviewed daily to determine if they meet temporary lodging policy guidelines
- Lodgetel/Temporary lodging program is for VA outpatient medical appointments only
- If a Veteran staying in temporary lodging changes to inpatient status, the accompanying individual will need to be referred to Fisher House.
C.W. Bill Young VAMC
- 727-398-6661 Ext. 10773
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.