Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Bay Pines VA Healthcare System to Host Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Celebration on March 24
March 14, 2017
BAY PINES, FL – The Bay Pines VA Healthcare System (VAHCS) will host a Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Celebration at the Lee County Healthcare Center on Friday, March 24, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. The facility is located at 2489 Diplomat Parkway East, Cape Coral, FL 33909.
The event will take place in the main lobby located on the first floor of the building and will feature distribution of commemorative 50th anniversary lapel pins and other items, outreach and Veteran advocacy booths, light food and refreshments, music, decorations, and more. Click here to read more about the commemorative lapel pin.
Vietnam Veterans and their loved ones are invited and encouraged to attend.
The Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Celebration at the Lee County Healthcare Center is a continuation of several events conducted by the Bay Pines VAHCS to honor Vietnam Veterans as an official commemorative partner of the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration authorized by Public Law 110-181 and by Presidential Proclamation. Previous events held include:
- March 29, 2016 – Commemorative wall display dedication held at the C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center
- April 5, 2016 – Vietnam War Commemoration Ceremony held at the C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center (watch the video at: youtube.com/watch?v=ofuZrnKX82M)
- May 30, 2016 – Lapel pin distribution during the annual Bay Pines VA Memorial Day Ceremony (watch the video at: youtube.com/watch?v=0YqM-EQVTeY)
- September 13, 2016 - Lapel pin distribution during the Bay Pines POW/MIA Remembrance Ceremony (watch the video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OGLQP7pPq4)
- November 11, 2016 - Lapel pin distribution during the annual Bay Pines Veterans Day Ceremony (watch the video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IzXeucU60)
To learn about future events and more, please visit www.baypines.va.gov and signup to receive email updates. Veterans, family members and others can also connect with the Bay Pines VAHCS on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VABayPines, or Twitter at www.twitter.com/vabaypines.
About the Bay Pines VA Healthcare SystemThe Bay Pines VAHCS is one of the nation’s leading VA healthcare systems, employing more than 4,000 medical professionals and support staff dedicated to providing the very best care to Veterans residing in southwest Florida. The organization is the fifth busiest VA health care system in the country in terms of patients served and is accredited by The Joint Commission, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and several other nationally recognized accrediting organizations. The Bay Pines VAHCS operates nine facilities to include the main medical center located in Bay Pines and outpatient clinics located in Bradenton, Cape Coral, Naples, Palm Harbor, Port Charlotte, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, and Sebring. To learn more, please visit www.baypines.va.gov, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/vabaypines, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vabaypines.