Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Calling All Veteran Artists!
Calling all Veteran artists, writers, and performers! Now is the time to begin gathering your entries for the 2021 Bay Pines Local Veterans Creative Arts Festival.
The 2021 Bay Pines Local Veterans Creative Arts Festival allows Veterans the opportunity to showcase their artist accomplishments, while providing recognition of progress and recovery made through the creative arts. Veterans enrolled for care at Bay Pines VA Healthcare System can submit entries into categories in art, creative writing, dance, drama, and music (click on each division title for rules and categories).
Due to an abundance of caution related to Covid-19, we are still planning the exact format of this year’s local festival. If we are able to have an in-person event, the show will be held on Thursday, September 16, 2021 in the J.C. Cobb Room, located on the 1st floor in Building 100 at the C. W. Bill Young VA Medical Center.
If we are not able to hold an in-person event, results will be released electronically in mid-September. We will announce a decision on the format of the local festival in early August. Deadlines for all divisions will be in August and September, with exact deadline dates announced in early August.
The following information is provided to assist you with your submission(s):
Artists: Deadlines for turning in artwork will be either in late August or mid-September, with a decision about these dates being made by early August.
- Please use one entry form for each piece of art you would like to submit.
- Call coordinators to schedule an art drop appointment after August 1st .
- Art entry forms are HERE. Include one CONSENT form per Veteran
- All pieces must have been created AFTER April 1st, 2020.
- It is highly recommended that all paintings, drawings, photographs, graphics, collages, and digital art be framed in a way that enhances the piece; frames with glass must use PLEXIGLASS, not glass.
- Complete the art entry form with as much detail about medium or materials used as possible.
Musicians, Actors, and Dancers: Entries must be video recorded for submission. Recording will tentatively be on Friday, August 13th in the J.C. Cobb Room, Building 100 (COVID-19 restrictions allowing). Alternative plans are forthcoming if we are not able to accommodate in-person recording.
- You can submit your own live recording of your performance – no voice overs or dubbing allowed. Contact Erin Todd for more information.
- Music entries can utilize a backing track, but it must be a track WITHOUT VOCALS.
- Deadline for Submitting a recording is August 13, 2021. Call by September 9, 2021 to schedule a recording session.
Entry Forms for Dance, Drama, and Music:
- Dance entry forms are HERE.
- Drama entry forms are HERE.
- Music entry forms are HERE.
- Include one CONSENT form per Veteran
Creative Writers: Deadline for submitting entries is Friday, August 20th.
- Entries must be submitted via email of text document (Word, body of email, etc. PDF or scans will not be accepted) to Erin.Todd@va.gov.
- Creative writing entry forms are HERE.
- Include one CONSENT form per Veteran.
To schedule drop-off of your entry, group entry forms, or for other information, contact:
Erin Todd, MT-BC, by phone: (727) 222-2686, or email: Erin.Todd@va.gov
Jessica D’Alessio, CTRS, (727) 398-6661, Ext. 14820
Jenny Campbell, CTRS, (727) 398-6661, Ext. 12793
We are excited to share that Bay Pines VA is hosting the 41st Annual National Veterans Creative Arts Festival in downtown St. Petersburg, April 18-25, 2022. This means the pieces you submit to our local competition in August will go on to compete for a gold medal and you may win a chance to win an invitation to the annual national-level Veteran Creative Arts Festival.
Let’s make sure Bay Pines is well represented at this national event! Enter today!