Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Application - Pharmacy Residency Program
1. Complete an online application through PhORCAS at http://www.ashp.org/phorcas *.
- Standard Requirements for an application in PhORCAS includes:
- Academic History (pharmacy and non pharmacy colleges attended)
- Official Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement/ Letter of Intent (If applying to the PGY1 Pharmacy Residency program at the CWY main campus, you must indicate which elective track(s) you are interested in applying to within letter of intent (NMS Code 186713 - acute care elective track; NMS Code 186721 - ambulatory care elective track; and NMS Code 186723 - pharmacy operations elective track)).
- Extracurricular activities
- Reference Letters (Must submit 3 Reference Letters through PhORCAS)
2. All materials must be submitted by January 7, 2019.
3. Questions may be directed to:
Carolyn Combs, PharmD
Bay Pines VAHCS | 10000 Bay Pines Blvd. | Bay Pines, FL 33744
Phone: (727) 398-6661 Ext. 10734
4. Basic Requirements
- The applicant must possess a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD) from an ACPE-accredited school or college.
- All residents will be required to successfully complete a state board examination prior to September 1, 2019. Licensure may be through any U.S. State Board of Pharmacy. U.S. citizenship is required.
- The applicant must be registered with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists' Matching Program.
- An on-site interview is required for all applicants.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- PGY-2 Applicants must have successfully completed a PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency