Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Application - Pharmacy Residency Program
1. Complete an online application through PhORCAS at http://www.ashp.org/phorcas *.
Standard Requirements for an application in PhORCAS include:
- Academic History (pharmacy and non-pharmacy colleges attended)
- Official Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement/ Letter of Intent
- Extracurricular Activities
- Reference Letters (Must submit 3 Reference Letters through PhORCAS)
2. All materials must be submitted by January 4, 2021.
3. Questions may be directed to:
Carolyn Combs, PharmD, MBA, BCPS
Residency Program Coordinator
Bay Pines VAHCS | 10000 Bay Pines Blvd. | Bay Pines, FL 33744
Phone: (727) 398-6661 Ext. 17889
4. Basic Requirements
- The applicant must possess a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD) from an ACPE-accredited school or college.
- All residents will be required to successfully complete a state board examination prior to October 31, 2021. Licensure may be through any U.S. State Board of Pharmacy. U.S. citizenship is required.
- The applicant must be registered with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists' Matching Program.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- All residents will be required to successfully complete a state board examination within 90 days of the start of the residency through any U.S. State Board of Pharmacy
- PGY-2 Applicants must have successfully completed a PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency.