Social Work Services
Social Work at Bay Pines VA Healthcare System is an integral part of health care. We help veterans and their families with problems associated with the stress of an illness.
Social workers help veterans find resources to meet their needs within the VA system and in their community.
Social work offers counseling -
- to veterans with drug, alcohol, emotional and mental health problems
- to help veterans and their families understand and adjust to an illness or disability
- to veterans and family members who want to prepare advance directives and durable powers of attorney for health care or finances
- to help veterans and their families cope with terminal illness
- to family members about legal issues such as commitment and guardianship
- to assist in discharge planning for inpatients
- to provide professional expertise in coordination with other health professionals
Counseling is conducted through —
- one-on-one discussions
- family conferences
- group classes
We also offer Caregiver Support Services and referrals.
The Caregiver Support Coordinator for Bay Pines VA Healthcare System can be reached at
1-888-820-0230 extension 12099.
Visit VA’s Caregiver Support Services for more information.