Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Primary Care Medicine Service
Primary Care offers an extensive range of treatment modalities with emphasis on health care prevention. Primary Care allows you to identify one physician and team responsible for serving all of your healthcare needs. Our goal is that this coordinated effort will help you remain healthy and have a better quality of life.
A Primary Care Provider can be a physician, nurse practitioner, or a physician's assistant. A Primary Care Team is a group of healthcare professionals responsible for coordinating your care. In addition to a physician, other members of the team may include nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, and social workers, depending on your needs. You will be assigned a Primary Care Provider and a Primary Care Team.
Primary Care providers are located at all of our Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
Appointments and Waiting Time
Our goal is to see you at your scheduled appointment time. That may not always be possible, but we try not to keep you waiting for more than 30 minutes. Please:
- Be on time. Check in at your appointment site 30 minutes prior to your actual appointment time.
- Bring with you all medications and over-the-counter drugs that you are currently using.
- Call (727) 398-9325 or (888) 820-0230 , extension 15525, if you have to cancel or if you will be late for your appointment.
- Come earlier if you already know you need to have laboratory work or other medical tests done.
- Follow any fasting or special instructions given to you prior to your laboratory test or special procedure.
- Bring in results of your tests and examinations performed at non-VA locations.
Things to Bring With You
- Any medical records, reports, labs, test results, etc. from another facility or from a non-VA provider.
- All bottles of medicines you take, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, food supplements and/or herbal remedies.
- Advance Directive if not on file or if it has been changed.
- A list of questions you may have for your provider.
- A list of medical problems to share with your provider.
- Your blood pressure or blood sugar readings, if you have them. Also bring the blood sugar and/or blood pressure machine you are using.
- Any health insurance information you have.
C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center
- 727-398-6661 Ext. 17671
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.