Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Nutrition and Food Services
Everyday choices of the foods we eat can make a profound impact on our health. Our Registered Dietitians in Nutrition and Food Services are committed to providing you with exceptional nutrition care. When you are ready, we are ready to serve you!
Clinical Nutrition Services
Nutrition plays a vital role in preventing and treating many health problems. You are welcome to make an appointment with a Registered Dietitian in our Nutrition Clinic. Friends or family members that help you to prepare meals can come with you. Your Registered Dietitian will apply the science and art of good nutrition to whatever your personal health goals may be, such as:
- safe weight loss
- improved blood pressure and cholesterol
- diabetes and blood sugar control
- staying well-nourished during and after cancer treatment
- prevent undesired weight loss
- and many more!
Sign-up for Clinical Nutrition Services
There are three ways to arrange a Nutrition clinic visit with your dietitian:
- Come to the Nutrition walk-in clinic at CW Bill Young, open Tues through Friday, 10 a.m.- 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ask your doctor or health care team member to send a referral to the dietitian. The Nutrition clinic will then contact you to make an appointment.
- If your personal health goal is to lose weight, you may attend a walk-in MOVE! program class at CW Bill Young. Visit walk-in MOVE!
- Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. or 5:30 p.m., 4 A classroom, 4th floor, BLDG 100
- Wednesday at 1 p.m. or Thursday at 9 a.m., PERC library, 1st floor outpatient, BLDG 100
- MOVE! program classes are available at other locations by appointment.*
- Heart Health
- Healthy Teaching Kitchen
- Cancer Survivors Support Group
*Please see the Veteran’s Health Education calendar for locations and class schedules.
Also contact us using secure messaging via MyHealtheVet. Click the link below to log-on to MyHealtheVet, search, and click on CWBillYoungVAMC_nutritionclinic@ to send us a message. We look forward to hearing from you.
C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center
- 727-398-6661 Ext. 15549
- 727-398-6661 Ext. 10766
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.