Employment Re-entry Services (ERS)
Employment Re-Entry Services (ERS) assists eligible Veterans to return to some form of work because work has been determined to be helpful with self worth, dignity, and shaping a positive identity.
The following services are provided within ERS:
- Vocational Rehabilitation services include vocational assessment, vocational counseling, and job search assistance.
- Incentive Therapy serves two groups of veterans - Residents of the Domiciliary Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (DRRTP) to determine their capacity to return to work and/or Veterans who have active mental health issues and need to be engaged in productive activity to maintain functioning. Incentive therapy participation focuses more on the therapeutic value of the work experience rather than the actual work itself.
- Compensated Work Therapy consist of two program services:
- Supported Employment - serves Veterans diagnosed with chronic mental health problems who have a desire to return to competitive employment, either part time or full time. Supported Employment provides rapid job search and placement in the Veteran’s community. Job coaching and development is provided to help Veterans maintain employment. The Veteran must meet the Serious Mentally Ill (SMI) diagnosis to receive these services.
- Transitional Work Experience (TWE) provides temporary work experiences to assist Veterans to develop the skills needed to return to the workforce. Veterans participating in TWE are patients participating in a therapeutic program. TWE is not considered VA employment nor is it employment for Veterans who are looking for work. TWE is a therapeutic program for Veterans who have had their work experience interrupted due physical or emotional disability or homelessness and are actively engaged in a rehabilitation program of recovery.
For more information, please contact us (727) 398-6661 or 1-888-820-0230, extension 17593 or 17989