VA » Health Care » Bay Pines VA Healthcare System » Staff, Clinicians & Trainees » Hours, Stipend, and Benefits - Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Training
Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Hours, Stipend, and Benefits - Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Training
- All Fellows receive a full stipend – no Fellow is accepted on a Without Compensation (WOC) status.
- All Fellows are admitted into the full-time training programs (August 1 through July 31).
- The Postdoctoral Fellowship requires that Fellows must complete 2000 hours of supervised, clinical experience. In addition, Fellows need to receive satisfactory scores on all core competencies). These requirements meet both APA accreditation requirements, and fulfill the Florida licensure requirements for supervised postdoctoral practice hours.
- The stipend, for one full year of training, will be $42,310 before taxes in 2017-2018.
- Fellows are eligible for health insurance.
- No funds are available for relocation.
- Benefits include 10 paid holidays, 13 days of annual leave and, if needed, up to 13 days of sick leave. Finally, Fellows are given up to 64 hours of paid educational leave to attend conferences, major professional meetings and symposia. Upon successful completion of the year of training, Fellows are eligible to enter Federal Service at the grade of GS-12.
- The Federal Tort Claims Act applies to Fellows regarding the practice of psychological services and their own personal injuries that occur while on the job at the VA.