Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
Application - Pharmacy Residency Program
1. Complete an online application through PhORCAS at http://www.ashp.org/phorcas *.
- Standard Requirements for an application in PhORCAS includes:
- Academic History (pharmacy and non pharmacy colleges attended)
- Official Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement/ Letter of Intent
- Extracurricular activities
- Reference Letters (Must submit 3 Reference Letters through PhORCAS)
- Additional requirements to submit through PhORCAS on supplemental document page:
Must submit the additional Bay Pines VA Healthcare System residency program application ("Application No 3"). Please mark on the application all pharmacy residency programs you are applying for.
Application No. 3
2. All materials must be submitted by December 27, 2016.
3. Questions may be directed to:
Robert D. Stewart, PharmD
Bay Pines VAHCS | 10000 Bay Pines Blvd. | Bay Pines, FL 33744
Phone: (727) 398-6661 Ext. 15303
4. Basic Requirements
- The applicant must possess a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree (PharmD) from an ACPE-accredited school or college.
- All residents will be required to successfully complete a state board examination prior to September 1, 2017. Licensure may be through any U.S. State Board of Pharmacy. U.S. citizenship is required.
- The applicant must be registered with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists' Matching Program.
- An on-site interview is required for all applicants.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- PGY-2 Applicants must have successfully completed a PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency